Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Drumming at assembly

I yawned as I was sprinting to school, When I got to class I was gasping for breath puffing and panting I had made it just in time in that moment I heard the bell ring as Ms Tito was saying the roll I had put my bag down in my classroom we were in class 3 because our teacher was taking literacy, “Good morning Sapphire Miss Tito whispered with a polite smile “Morning Ms Tito I replied back.


After she had said the role we had to line up in a order of boy girl boy girl for shot bee gees, While we walked through the hall door we were surrounded by music as we sat down, more classes were coming in finally the assembly had started the music died down then we said the karakia we all stood up with respect and honor when the New Zealand National anthem had started again music had filled the air.


As soon as the national anthem finished we all sat down as we finished all of the Duffy certificates it was time for the selfie competition I thought Mr sommerville should win but there were still more entries for next week.


Finally it was that moment we all had been waiting for it was time to hear some drumming there were different types of drums on the stage as the performers walked on we all clapped and cheered excited the chills went down our spines, There was a group of performer and another who was drumming by himself like a man.


He started of slowly then he was swiftly banging the drums with his drum sticks he was making a rhythmic beat it was awesome!!, After he had finished everyone was amazed by the talent he had, It was time for the cook island group they were cook Island as the picked up their drums I could already imagine their music playing.

They firstly started of with a slow beat then it went faster hey had blew my mind I have never seen people play drums this good, When they were finished I was so amazed that they had blew my mind when the assembly was finished I was so amazed that it felt like I was getting a electric shock, we walked back to class with enthusiasm we then started to do some work.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.