Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Adding Detail Writing

Today my teacher Ms Squires gave us a task to add interesting detail to this writing.


Never in my life had I faced such a difficult challenge. I stood in front of the cargo net I felt hot...  I would never be ready for this.

It was Physical Education and there were lots of equipment around. The net was something we all had to do and I needed to at least try to climb it. I was not a good climber, and never had been. I wanted to turn away. But I grabbed the net in my hands and began to climb. I said words to try and encourage myself as I went. I was worried that I might get a rope burn or splinters. I tried not to think about feeling scared of heights. I went more slowly the longer I climbed. I stopped altogether. I felt weak and there was still so much to climb.

I called to the teacher that I was finished. I lowered myself down. I was thinking that I had tried my best. I still most likely cannot climb the cargo net but I was pleased that I had tried.


My heart was pounding with fear, Never in my life had I faced such a difficult challenge It was Physical Education, The net was something we all had to do. I tried to turn away but my hands had a tight grip on the ropes I slowly climbed the ladder feeling slightly  nauseous I tried to think in a positive way, “ Come on you can do this you don't have a long way to go, Until I looked up It felt like I was going to faint thankfully I didn't.


I went even more slower the longer I climbed, my bones and muscles felt weak the determination I had was gone my fear had once again conquered me I called to the teacher that I was finished as I climbed down I could feel defeat as the other children laughed I didn't care because at least I tried My best and gave it a go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.