Pages

Friday 30 May 2014

Samoan Language Week

Monday was an exciting day for the Samoan group because this week was all about Samoan Language week. The PES Samoan represented Pt England and performed in front of the school. I almost forgot I was in the Samoan group too, There were special guests who were coming to watch but the one we really wanted to impress was Sam Lotu Iiga. He was the special guest he was the guest we really wanted to impress.


This is the moment we all had been waiting for, My heart was thumping with fear, it felt like blood was gushing out of my body. Eden had said her cultural speech and it was time for us to shine.


We finished our performance all I could hear was cheering and clapping, I walked down the stage with confidence It was the Tamaki college samoan groups turn to do their performance. it was really long but interesting they had good harmonizes they were better than before and ever.

When the assembly finished we got to eat 3 things from the table. I had a pizza bread and a banana milkshake. After we ate I was full as a hippo I couldn't eat anymore. We changed back into our uniforms but left the lipstick on our checks. We went back to class and sat down. My best friend Mya had said now I feel like a true Samoan. Me too I whispered back to her even though i’m Maori.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.